New [beta] website (opinions needed!)

Álvaro Justen [Turicas]

Dec 17, 2012, 6:29:44 AM12/17/12
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hello folks,

As we'll release a a version of our software in the next days, the
project needs a better website. In the last days I was working on it
and I'm very satisfied with the result. It's still a one-page website,
but looks much better than the old one and have more information about
the project.
Please try it at:
http://pypln.org/beta/
Suggestions are welcome! ;-)

By now, to complete this task I need to:
- Create one background image for each slide (missing full-text search)
- Add description texts for slides (currently there is a 'lorem
ipsum'-like text there)
- Add some links to documentation explaining about the architecture,
deployment process and other things (this documentation need to be
done)
- Add the embedded video to the screencast that will be done soon (by
me, probably)

Am I forgetting anything?

Regards,
--
Álvaro Justen "Turicas"
http://blog.justen.eng.br http://twitter.com/turicas

Flavio Coelho

Dec 17, 2012, 6:54:54 AM12/17/12
to py...@googlegroups.com
Hey Alvaro,

Great job!!

I think that, design wise, it is ready! It's clean and straight to the point.

In terms of the content we can discuss about it today and fill in the blanks.

suggestions:
  • add a plus button
  • Typo: replace Technology by Technologies (plural)
  • in the footer: How to cite in a publication. add a link to a bibtex citation to our PyPLN paper.
  • We  need to update the documentation badly! it's way outdated!
that's all for now,

Flávio Codeço Coelho
+55(21) 3799-5567
Professor