Re: Membership in pypa organization

Pradyun Gedam

May 6, 2018, 7:05:59 AM5/6/18
to haraldn...@gmail.com, pypa-dev
Hey Harald!

I notice that you've BCC'ed me, so I have a feeling you've contacted other
people from PyPA as well.

As far as I can tell all the members of the organization are committers or
developers of some PyPA project. FWIW, I don't have the power to do so,
I'll cc this mail to pypa-dev.

Cheers,
Pradyun

On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 8:13 PM Harald Nordgren <haraldn...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,

> I have contributed multiple fixes to https://github.com/pypa/pip and
https://github.com/pypa/virtualenv and I was wondering if I could be added
to the Github organization.

--
Pradyun

Sorin Ionuț Sbârnea

Jul 23, 2018, 7:14:10 AM7/23/18
to pypa-dev
This is an interesting question.

First let me congratulate you for being able to contribute fixes to virtualenv. I tried to get my (on others) PRs for more than an year and without success.

I don't know how you managed to do it, I am still looking at the opened PRs and and even the more trivial ones are ignored (like spellchecking ones).

I tried to make changes to improve CI testing and even those were ignored.

Clearly virtualenv needs few more people that can and want to review/merge/close PRs at least.

I wrote to direct email to Donald Stufft on July 20th regarding this subject but I didn't get any reply, yet.

Sumana Harihareswara

May 28, 2020, 3:34:58 PM5/28/20
to Sorin Ionuț Sbârnea, pypa-dev
Sorin Ionuț Sbârnea: there's been a new push in the last year to improve
many aspects of virtualenv, and you may have better luck if you try
again now. Best wishes.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Changeset Consulting