It's been eight months since the release of Warehouse and the sunsetting of legacy PyPI. Following up from our meeting at PyCon in May, Changeset Consulting is back on board for another round of project management to facilitate next steps! For the next 3-6 months this work will be spearheaded by myself (Sumana) assisted by Jenny Ryan (https://jennyryan.net
The goal over these upcoming months is to create, steward and facilitate internal and public-facing communications to aid the folks within PyPA.
What this means is that we'll be focused on the following:
* Facilitating regular meetings of and for maintainers and contributors;
* Stewarding communications with various PyPA stakeholders, including funders and users;
* Organizing, labelling, prioritizing, and responding to GitHub issues;
* Coordinating public communications, such as announcements, sprints, and calls for participation;
* Maintaining and improving documentation, meeting notes and development roadmaps for PyPA projects.
Feedback from and participation by the Python packaging developer community is obviously part and parcel of this project, so you may see some new "here's what I think is up with this issue, is that right?" questions on old unresolved discussions. And we'll be asking questions on this & other lists and on GitHub and in IRC to collect ideas, concerns, and other productive input regarding the tools roadmaps.
You'll be seeing more details in mid-January to properly kick off this next chapter of levelling up PyPI and the PyPA -- just wanted to give y'all a heads-up.
But of course, if you were already planning on using the next few weeks to do issue triage and roadmap-writing and PyCon planning, please don't wait for us -- that'll make this work all the easier.