Failure using DDSIP-Pluggin PSYP

Juan José Torres

Jun 20, 2017, 12:03:52 AM6/20/17
to pyomo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to solve some stochastic test problems using the PH algorithm, along with the DDSip tool. I found the ddsipextension files at PYSP/Pluggings folder, but i'm having problems trying to use them.

When i choose ddextensionold.py it seems that runph is using its default settings (see below)

In the other hand, when i use the ddextensionnew.py file i'm getting the following error. I'm trying to debbug my code but the --traceback option is not working for this case.

I installed  DDSip from its GitHub project and selecting the i7_x64 makefile (ConicBundle). Can you assist me with this issue?.

Thanks in advance,
Juan

David Woodruff

Jun 20, 2017, 11:09:43 AM6/20/17
to pyomo...@googlegroups.com
Please try the attached version of ddextensionnew.py and let me know what happens. You will need to put it in pyomo/pysp/plugins
  Dave

Thanks in addvice,
Juan

ddextensionnew.py

Juan José Torres

Jun 20, 2017, 8:13:21 PM6/20/17
to pyomo...@googlegroups.com, dlwoo...@ucdavis.edu

Hi Dave,

I've got the error below. I forgot to tell you that I was solving this problem using multiple phsolversevers, since DDSIP works serial I'm not sure if it is an issue.

Thanks,

Juan

David Woodruff

Jun 20, 2017, 8:14:50 PM6/20/17
to pyomo...@googlegroups.com
Right. There is no reason to use multiple PH solver servers with DDSIP.

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 9:03 PM, Juan José Torres <fenn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to solve some stochastic test problems using the PH algorithm, along with the DDSip tool. I found the ddsipextension files at PYSP/Pluggings folder, but i'm having problems trying to use them.

When i choose ddextensionold.py it seems that runph is using its default settings (see below)

In the other hand, when i use the ddextensionnew.py file i'm getting the following error. I'm trying to debbug my code but the --traceback option is not working for this case.

I installed  DDSip from its GitHub project and selecting the i7_x64 makefile (ConicBundle). Can you assist me with this issue?.

Thanks in addvice,
Juan

Message has been deleted

Juan José Torres

Jun 20, 2017, 8:55:00 PM6/20/17
to Pyomo Forum, dlwoo...@ucdavis.edu
Dave,

I tried to solve it using runph - serial, however pyomo prompted me the following statement:

I'm benchmarking PySP and its different applications, for that reason i'm evaluating some Stochastic Test Libraries (DCAP _ SSLP). I'm creating all the PH and Benders instances from SMPS files,  i wrote a parser to retrieve all the information I needed.

It worked well for PH and benders in general, but  i don't know if that affects that specific pluggin.

Sincerely,
Juan
Captura.JPG

David Woodruff