Error loading results with CPLEX

Saulo Ribeiro Silva

Oct 11, 2013, 9:09:46 AM10/11/13
to coopr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I was using pyomo with glpk solver, and wanted to use cplex to see if the results were the same, but when i tried to run my script with cplex I got this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "PDDE.py", line 61, in <module>
    instance.load(results) # Carrega os resultados na instancia
  File "c:\packages\coopr\src\coopr.pyomo\coopr\pyomo\base\PyomoModel.py", line
425, in load
    raise ValueError(msg % str( arg.solver.status ))
ValueError: Cannot load a SolverResults object with bad status: error

And got the same error when trying to run the benders example that comes with the coopr package. Does anybody know how to solve this?

Thanks

Watson, Jean-paul

Oct 11, 2013, 4:18:27 PM10/11/13
to <coopr-forum@googlegroups.com>
Try adding the "--stream-solver" option to the promo command line. I'm guessing that there is a license issue. This option will allow you to see the solver output directly.

Jpw

Gabriel Hackebeil

Oct 11, 2013, 4:20:03 PM10/11/13
to coopr...@googlegroups.com
Adding to this..

Try adding the "--stream-solver" option to the promo command line. I'm guessing that there is a license issue. This option will allow you to see the solver output directly.

If you are running Pyomo as a script then you can try adding the keyword "tee=True" to the solve() method (this is equivalent to using the "--stream-solver" command-line option when running with the pyomo command).

Gabe

Saulo Ribeiro Silva

Oct 14, 2013, 9:03:55 AM10/14/13
to coopr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, It really was a license issue.

Saulo Ribeiro Silva

Oct 14, 2013, 9:53:37 AM10/14/13
to coopr...@googlegroups.com
One more question, is it possible to use coin-clp solver with pyomo?

Saulo Ribeiro Silva

Oct 14, 2013, 10:14:11 AM10/14/13
to coopr...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to disturb one more time, but when using glpk solver, how can I choose the method (Simplex, Interior point, MIP)?

David Woodruff

Oct 14, 2013, 11:32:44 AM10/14/13
to coopr...@googlegroups.com
To see how to pass options to a solver, see the section on passing options to a solver in:

https://software.sandia.gov/downloads/pub/coopr/CooprGettingStarted.pdf

To figure out what options glpk wants, see the glpk documentation.

Dave

Watson, Jean-paul

Oct 14, 2013, 11:59:41 AM10/14/13
to coopr...@googlegroups.com
Good question. I'm not aware of anyone ever using clp directly. We do support cbc, though, and cbc should allow for the solution (I think) of linear programs w/o discrete variables.

jpw