CLP or CBC for Pyomo

Optimization team

Sep 18, 2021, 6:25:20 AM9/18/21
to Pyomo Forum
Dear Pyomo Experts,
I do have a question on the open source LP solvers usable in Pyomo
I was wondering if cbc is different to clp ?
I have used
pyo.SolverFactory('cbc')
which works. (installed coincbc

Is there anything like ?
pyo.SolverFactory('clp')

if yes , what package should be installed before hand
Thanks in advance

Giuseppe Stecca

Sep 19, 2021, 3:42:23 PM9/19/21
to pyomo...@googlegroups.com

Clp solve linear programs, while Cbc (coin branch and cut) is needed to solve models with integer variables. cbc uses clb to solve linear relaxations during the solving process. For a very clear explanation of the process please have a look at the following link:

https://coin-or.github.io/Cbc/intro

Giuseppe Stecca, Research Scientist
Istituto di Analisi dei Sistemi ed Informatica "Antonio Ruberti"
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, IASI - CNR
(Institute for Systems Analysis and Computer Science)

Contract Professor in Supply Chain Management at
University of Rome Tor Vergata, Department of Enterprise Engineering

Via dei Taurini 19
00185 Roma
Italy

email: giusepp...@iasi.cnr.it, giusepp...@uniroma2.it