Pyomo with CPLEX and Benders Decomposition

joc...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2018, 1:08:04 PM2/14/18
to Pyomo Forum
Hi All,

I would like to use the internal method for benders decomposition of CPLEX through Pyomo.

atm my relevant solver details:
opt = SolverFactory('cplex')
opt.options['benders strategy'] = 0

Now I would like to specify the variables for my master and for the subproblem. For this, CPLEX uses annotations.
How can I add annotations to CPLEX through Pyomo?
Is there any code snippet where I could start from?
Anyone experience with this?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Best Regards,
Jochen

Gabe Hackebeil

Feb 14, 2018, 4:08:23 PM2/14/18
to pyomo...@googlegroups.com
It’s very likely we could add support for this. A user would annotate the model with this information using the Suffix component in Pyomo.

Please open up an issue on Github with a request for this feature.

Also note that if you can find documentation for this feature with the cplexamp solver, then we already do support it. See the online docs or examples like what is below for how to export suffix data through our NL file interface:

Gabe

Rey Guerrero

Aug 7, 2018, 1:52:57 AM8/7/18
to Pyomo Forum
Hi Jochen,

Were you able to implement the annotations for the CPLEX Benders decomposition via Pyomo? Can you share links or info to do this?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Rey

Giorgio Balestrieri

Oct 3, 2018, 9:55:11 PM10/3/18
to Pyomo Forum
Also interested in wether you found a solution already, or if you opened an issue on Github

Carlos Suazo M.

Apr 26, 2019, 10:11:08 PM4/26/19
to Pyomo Forum
Is this currently available in Pyomo? Which version?

Carlos