Connection error - Microsoft Analysis Server (SSAS)

cliv...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2020, 6:32:13 AM3/25/20
to pyodbc
Greetings,

I ran

print(pyodbc.drivers())

It returns:
['SQL Server', 'SQL Server Native Client 11.0', 'ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server', 'ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server']

But not MSOLEDB???

I created an odc connection to SSAS in ArcMap, I can access the OLAP Cube and all the tables.

I would like to connect to the OLAP Cubes using Python pydoc, to create Spatial Features.

I am unable to connect using pyodbc??

conn = pyodbc.connect(r'Provider=ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server;Data Source=server_name;Persist Security Info=False;Integrated Security=SSPI;User ID=CubeProcessor;Initial Catalog=init_catalog')

The error is:
pyodbc.InterfaceError: ('IM002', '[IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (0) (SQLDriverConnect)')

Process finished with exit code 1

Any suggestions to resolve this??

Clive