Pyo on micro python

Sebastien BAILLIN

Jun 20, 2022, 3:16:27 AM6/20/22
to pyo-discuss
Hi,

Hello I'm Seb, I'm trying to build a Syntheizer with a Raspberry Pico Pi.

Do you think it's possible to use Pyo on Pico Pi, and how ?

Do you think  it's a good idea ?

I have no idea how do to do that.

Best regards folks

Aaron Krister Johnson

Aug 21, 2022, 12:47:07 PM8/21/22
to pyo-d...@googlegroups.com
I know this is an old question, but I'm also curious about the status of pyo working with micropython.

I'm guessing it's not compatible, given that the CPython API that pyo uses likely breaks, but I think Olivier will know more directly.

Olivier?

Olivier Bélanger

Aug 22, 2022, 9:35:43 AM8/22/22
to pyo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Quickly look, there are a couple of libs used by pyo which are missing in micropython (subprocess, weakref, inspect, tempfile, locale, ...).

I guess it would be a huge refactor to make pyo work on micropython.

Olivier

Aaron Krister Johnson

Aug 22, 2022, 11:35:56 AM8/22/22
to pyo-d...@googlegroups.com

Olivier Bélanger

Aug 22, 2022, 7:50:52 PM8/22/22
to pyo-d...@googlegroups.com
I don't have much time to work on pyo right now... A first investigation would be to see for what purpose those libs are used, and if it's possible to replace them with something available in micropython, or simply remove the feature that can't be coded otherwise.

Olivier