get floating numbers from TrigEnv

Rogerio Barbosa

Aug 30, 2022, 11:38:43 AM8/30/22
to pyo-discuss
Hello,

I'm trying to send osc data from pyo to control spacialization with IEM Ambisonics in Reaper. My problem is how to extract floating numbers from a TrigEnv object to send as azimuth coordinates. It is simple to send isolated numbers, but I don't know how to extract a stream of numbers from a TrigEnv object (this object triggers a table with azimuth coordinates). Maybe this could be done with the get() method, but I couldn't make it work.
Thanks if someone can help.

Rogério Vasconcelos

Alexandros

Aug 30, 2022, 11:46:50 AM8/30/22
to pyo-d...@googlegroups.com

A pattern you probably help, where you'll call TrigEnv.get() continuously while the envelope is running, or something like that, on the top of my head.

Rogerio Barbosa

Aug 31, 2022, 11:35:23 AM8/31/22
to pyo-discuss
Thanks for the suggestion, but I discovered that the OscSend object already takes care of extracting the first float from each buffer.

Olivier Bélanger

Aug 31, 2022, 11:37:37 AM8/31/22
to pyo-d...@googlegroups.com
Yes, OscSend is much more simple for continuously sending a single float from an audio stream!

Olivier