New-ish track

Aaron Krister Johnson

Sep 27, 2022, 10:18:28 PM9/27/22
to pyo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi all-

I wanted to share an example of a piece I wrote using Pyo. It is called "Daydream" and is inspired by the beautiful drive up and down the Catalina Highway here in Tucson, Arizona, which traverses from the Saguaro Cacti and heat of the Sonoran valley all the way up to the cooler temperatures and Alpine majesty of Summerhaven and Mount Lemmon.

Enjoy!

-AKJ

Olivier Bélanger

Sep 30, 2022, 8:20:27 AM9/30/22
to pyo-d...@googlegroups.com
Nice Aaron!

Is this pure synthesis / algorithmic music? If so, it would be cool to add it to the radyo pyo!

Aaron Krister Johnson

Sep 30, 2022, 1:31:37 PM9/30/22
to pyo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Olivier,

It is pure synthesis, and only semi-algorithmic (the jangle pluck sound's notes are triggered in a kind of "controlled chance" way, but their chord structure is deterministic, as is the melody and bassline. The drum fills use Beat.fill()...

Sure, I can get it up on radio pyo at some point. Thanks for the listen!

Olivier Bélanger

Sep 30, 2022, 1:34:17 PM9/30/22
to pyo-d...@googlegroups.com
Yeah! It's been a while since we got fresh music on the radio!