Get PET imagem from PACS

jaborgesBR

Jan 3, 2017, 3:34:28 PM1/3/17
to pynetdicom
Hello, I am trying to get DICOM imagem from Osirix using qrscp.py of pynetdicom. For CT images it works fine, but I don't have sucess with Nuclear Medicine images. Does anyone can give me a tip? What modifications Do I need to do in qrscp.py? I want specificly getting PET series. Thanks in advance.

Patrice Munger

Jan 3, 2017, 3:40:32 PM1/3/17
to pynet...@googlegroups.com
Hi, do you get an error or just nothing? Does the find return some result? I don't see any reason why it would work for CT images and not for PET images ...

Hello, I am trying to get DICOM imagem from Osirix using qrscp.py of pynetdicom. For CT images it works fine, but I don't have sucess with Nuclear Medicine images. Does anyone can give me a tip? What modifications Do I need to do in qrscp.py? I want specificly getting PET series. Thanks in advance.

Patrice Munger

Ed McDonagh

Jan 3, 2017, 3:58:21 PM1/3/17
to pynetdicom
Did you change the folowing line?:
file_meta.MediaStorageSOPClassUID = '1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.2'

otherwise I think that you will only be able to store CT images that are sent back to you.

jaborgesBR

Jan 3, 2017, 4:13:42 PM1/3/17
to pynetdicom
Dear Patrice,

When I run the script the following message appears:

"Request association

Association response received

DICOM Echo ...  done with status "Success "

DICOM FindSCU ...

Estudo UID 1.2.840.113619.2.290.3.1057622470.58.1473933863.178

Estudo ID 10112

Modalidade ['PT', 'CT']

   Serie: WB MAC

   Numero 335

   SOP Positron Emission Tomography Image Storage

Moving

Association response received

Association resquested

Attached the file I am using...

Em terça-feira, 3 de janeiro de 2017 18:40:32 UTC-2, Patrice Munger escreveu:
Hi, do you get an error or just nothing? Does the find return some result? I don't see any reason why it would work for CT images and not for PET images ...
Hello, I am trying to get DICOM imagem from Osirix using qrscp.py of pynetdicom. For CT images it works fine, but I don't have sucess with Nuclear Medicine images. Does anyone can give me a tip? What modifications Do I need to do in qrscp.py? I want specificly getting PET series. Thanks in advance.

Patrice Munger
qrscuTeste.py

jaborgesBR

Jan 3, 2017, 4:13:42 PM1/3/17
to pynetdicom
I have tried, without success...

Patrice Munger

Jan 3, 2017, 4:27:10 PM1/3/17
to pynet...@googlegroups.com
And if you try to only retrieve the CT series, it works?

Patrice Munger

jaborgesBR

Jan 3, 2017, 5:40:57 PM1/3/17
to pynetdicom
Yes. It woks with ct series.

Patrice Munger

Jan 3, 2017, 6:13:20 PM1/3/17
to pynet...@googlegroups.com
It looks like the server does not even initiate the store operation ... Could it be something in the servers configuration?

Yes. It woks with ct series.

Patrice Munger

jaborgesBR

Jan 4, 2017, 3:07:28 PM1/4/17
to pynetdicom
I have tried sending NM series after running Storage SCP example and received the following error from OsiriX: "DICOM Network Failure. SCU failed 6:0203 DIMSE Badly formed message". When I sent CT images, no problems. Any idea?

Em terça-feira, 3 de janeiro de 2017 21:13:20 UTC-2, Patrice Munger escreveu:
It looks like the server does not even initiate the store operation ... Could it be something in the servers configuration?
Yes. It woks with ct series.

Patrice Munger

jaborgesBR

Jan 4, 2017, 3:07:28 PM1/4/17
to pynetdicom
I have tried sending NM series after running Storage SCP example and received the following error from OsiriX: "DICOM Network Failure. SCU failed 6:0203 DIMSE Badly formed message". When I sent CT images, no problems. Any idea?

Patrice Munger

Jan 4, 2017, 3:12:52 PM1/4/17
to pynet...@googlegroups.com
You are sending from Osirix to your pynetdicom SCP or the other way around?

Patrice Munger

jaborgesBR

Jan 4, 2017, 6:23:38 PM1/4/17
to pynetdicom
I have done last try sending from Osirix to my SCP. No problems with CT images, but doesn't work with NM images.

Em quarta-feira, 4 de janeiro de 2017 18:12:52 UTC-2, Patrice Munger escreveu:
You are sending from Osirix to your pynetdicom SCP or the other way around?
I have tried sending NM series after running Storage SCP example and received the following error from OsiriX: "DICOM Network Failure. SCU failed 6:0203 DIMSE Badly formed message". When I sent CT images, no problems. Any idea?

Em terça-feira, 3 de janeiro de 2017 20:40:57 UTC-2, jaborgesBR escreveu:
Yes. It woks with ct series.

Patrice Munger

smen...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2017, 9:48:10 AM1/17/17
to pynetdicom
Just a note, I had difficulty collecting images from an MRI scanner a while ago (error was badly formed request or something), and it ended up being because I was using the stable version from pip. The current development version on Github fixed the problem.
Message has been deleted

smen...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2017, 12:42:40 PM1/23/17
to pynetdicom
*Resent since the last post included email addresses in the reply*

Clone (or download the zip from) the latest version here:
https://github.com/patmun/pynetdicom

Uninstall version 0.8.1 (hasn't been updated since 2014) from pip using "pip uninstall pynetdicom". Then open a command prompt in the downloaded directory and run either "python setup.py install" or "python setup.py develop" (whichever one you prefer), and that's it. You now should have the latest development version.

jaborgesBR

Jan 23, 2017, 8:42:13 PM1/23/17
to pynetdicom, smen...@gmail.com
Dear smen,

Could you give me more details? I am using pip version 9.0.1.

Thanks in advance

jaborgesBR

Jan 24, 2017, 9:50:00 PM1/24/17
to pynetdicom, smen...@gmail.com
Dear Steven,

I have installed pydicom 1.0.0 and pynetdicom (downloading it from https://github.com/patmun/pynetdicom).
When I run qrscu file, following error appear:

"  File "qrscu.py", line 15, in <module>
    from netdicom.applicationentity import AE
  File "/Users/jaborges/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pynetdicom-0.8.1-py2.7.egg/netdicom/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
    from applicationentity import AE
  File "/Users/jaborges/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pynetdicom-0.8.1-py2.7.egg/netdicom/applicationentity.py", line 15, in <module>
    from SOPclass import *
  File "/Users/jaborges/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pynetdicom-0.8.1-py2.7.egg/netdicom/SOPclass.py", line 7, in <module>
    import dsutils
  File "/Users/jaborges/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pynetdicom-0.8.1-py2.7.egg/netdicom/dsutils.py", line 14, in <module>
    from dicom.filereader import read_dataset
ImportError: cannot import name read_dataset"

Any ideia?

Patrice Munger

Jan 24, 2017, 10:10:54 PM1/24/17
to pynet...@googlegroups.com
You need pydicom 0.9.9, not 1.0.0. "pip install pydicom" should install the right version.

Patrice Munger

jaborgesBR

Feb 2, 2017, 9:57:50 PM2/2/17
to pynetdicom, smen...@gmail.com
Dear Steven,

Everything is working fine now.... thanks a lot