Status of failure?

Brian O'Brien

Jan 16, 2023, 6:07:46 PM1/16/23
to pynetdicom
when creating an outbound association one specifies a list abstract syntax(s) and a list transfer syntaxes for each abstract syntax.

after trying to create an association and having built up a list of presentation contexts.
I am trying to parse the acceptance/rejection of each presentation context.

If I understand correctly there are 4 outcomes.

Result/Reason

0 - acceptance
1 - user-rejection
2 - no-reason (provider rejection)
3 - abstract-syntax-not-supported (provider rejection)
4 - transfer-syntaxes-not-supported (provider rejection)

Where is this 'status / reason' ??

assoc = ae.associate(hostName, port, ae_title=theirAET, ext_neg=negotiation_items)
if assoc.is_established:
   print('\t', 'Accepted', end = '')
elif assoc.is_aborted:
   print('\t', 'Aborted', end = '')