BDF Class support for comma-separated?

Ben Crews

Jun 17, 2021, 11:33:21 AM6/17/21
to pyNastran Discuss
Hello,

I have a bdf generated by an external tool (for MSC Nastran), which has comma-delimited fields, and comments for most cards with semicolon-delimited values. I don't really care about the comment lines, I assume those can just pass thru with pynastran. Does the BDF class support a comma-delimited set of cards?

Thanks!

-Ben

Steven Doyle

Jun 17, 2021, 1:36:40 PM6/17/21
to pyNastran Discuss
Ben,

Yes it does.  Just make sure you only have 8 fields per line.  It helps to avoid odd cases that affect both MSC and NX Nastran.