Changing Property ID in BDF File

RONNIE_ROLLTIDE

Sep 2, 2021, 6:54:06 PM9/2/21
to pyNastran Discuss
Hello All,

Can we change the property ID for element type CQUAD4 in the BDF file?

Present =   1: CQUAD4 1 1 1 2 13 12 0
Modify to = 1: CQUAD4 1 10 1 2 13 12 0

Also, can we calculate the centroid of CQUAD4 elements using any predefined function? I know that we can do it for triangular elements but I'm not sure about cquad4.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Steven Doyle

Sep 3, 2021, 12:48:56 PM9/3/21
to pyNastran Discuss
> Can we change the property ID for element type CQUAD4 in the BDF file?

Yes.

If you're cross-referenced (the default) and you want to also update the shell property id:
>>> element.pid.pid = 10

If you're cross-referenced and you want to don't want to update the shell property id:
>>> element.uncross_reference()
>>> element.pid = 10
>>> element.cross_reference(model)

If you're not cross-referenced (this won't update the shell property id):
>>> element.pid = 10

> Also, can we calculate the centroid of CQUAD4 elements using any predefined function? I know that we can do it for triangular elements but I'm not sure about cquad4.

Assuming you mean, is there a function, yes
>>> element.Centroid()
which is the same as the CTRIA3