Extracting maximum Hill's failure criteria

L D

Apr 19, 2021, 4:57:33 AMApr 19
to pyNastran Discuss
Hello everyone,

In addition to extracting the Von Mises stresses, I have to extract the maximum Hill's criteria for all elements.
The only documentation I could find on it was applying :
ft = 'HILL'
With the failure theory being {HILL, HOFF, TSAI, STRN, None}
In the class pyNastran.bdf.cards.properties.shell.PCOMB

Is there a way to extract from an OP2 file the maximum Hill's criteria for a number of elements?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best,

Laurène

Steven Doyle

Apr 19, 2021, 11:08:23 AMApr 19
to pyNastran Discuss
Yes, the stats you listed in your other email has them.   That tells you how to access them, e.g.,

model = read_op2(op2_filename)
  ctria3_composite_force_failure_indices =  model. op2_results.failure_indices.ctria3_composite_force[1]

op2_results.failure_indices.ctria3_composite_force[1]

  type=FailureIndicesArray nelements=1895; table_name='OEFIT'

  data: [1, nelements, 3] where 3=[failure_index_for_ply (direct stress/strain), failure_index_for_bonding (interlaminar stresss), max_value]

  data.shape = (1, 1895, 3)

  element type: TRIA3LC-composite

  sort1

  loadIDs = [1]

L D

Apr 20, 2021, 2:57:49 AMApr 20
to pyNastran Discuss
Perfect, thank you very much for your help!

Best,

Laurène