February Meeting

mg

Jan 13, 2014, 2:22:44 PM1/13/14
to pyn...@googlegroups.com
Hey All,
First of all, I want to thank everyone who came out to our first evening meeting of 2014. It was a lot of fun.

Like I said then, we are looking for some talks for February. My first idea is to have 1 or 2 15 minute talks, followed by a 5 minute lightning talk.
If you would like to give a talk, please let me know. If you are looking for some ideas on a talk, i've included some topics that people have requested in
the past down below.

Secondly, I just wanted to let everyone know that we have a meetup account now that should help people find the group and help us have a good idea on how many people will
be coming to each meeting. Link: http://www.meetup.com/pynash/

Finally, our next meeting is Februrary 13th, 6:00pm at the Stratasan offices.

Possible Talk Topics:
- py.test
- single dispatch functions in python 3.4
- pyramid, django, and flask comparison
- functional programming in python
- ipython notebook
- unicode and bytes, porting to python 3
- asyncio (aka tulip)
- pandas
- standard library module of the month (for the 5 minute lightning talk spot)
- saltstack

thanks,
Matt

whit

Jan 13, 2014, 3:23:14 PM1/13/14
to pynash
Are those possible topics things folks said they wanted someone to speak on or things volunteered? and if we want to volunteer to speak on something should we email you or the list?

-w

<=>
david "whit" morriss

 "If you don't know where you are,
  you don't know anything at all"

  Dr. Edgar Spencer, Ph.D., 1995

whit

Jan 13, 2014, 3:26:15 PM1/13/14
to pynash
sorry, read too fast.

I'd be happy to talk on ansible (if someone is talking on salt) or zeromq.

-w

Tim O'Guin

Jan 27, 2014, 3:51:35 PM1/27/14
to pyn...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, January 13, 2014 2:26:15 PM UTC-6, whit wrote:
sorry, read too fast.

I'd be happy to talk on ansible (if someone is talking on salt) or zeromq.

I don't want to commit to talking about Salt in Feb. since I'm already preparing to do that for PyTN, but I would be highly interested in Salt and Ansible back-to-back.