2 new Python dev roles in Nashville - read this...srsly...

SGordon

Oct 28, 2013, 2:29:17 PM10/28/13
to pyn...@googlegroups.com
Hey all...I've got about 75 developer roles in Nashville at the moment and only TWO of them are Python so if you are up for a change, now is your chance.

First - I will remain 100% confidential in your decision to dip your toe in the water of a job search.  If you want references on how I roll...ask and I'll provide them.  DO NOT contact me on this board - email me at scott AT vaco DOT com and we'll go from there.

The Job:

**Taken from my posting on the web...

***Salary is between $95,000 and $115,000.  You CAN telecommute after a bit but in the early stages, prefer you be in the office (flexible hours).

Vaco in Nashville, TN is seeking a Django/Python developer to provide technical expertise to a major client here in Nashville. We're running many server instances on Rackspace Cloud using Django, MySQL, Memcache. This is a chance to influence product functionality and drive in our agile development process. We are focused on data driven product development and experimentation for swift learning. Our developers work front to back and are comfortable tweaking and defining the object model, refining a MySQL query, or optimizing CSS selectors.

Responsibilities:

  • Developer in all major areas on the product.
  • Build and maintain one of the coolest entertainment portals in the industry.

.Plan, estimate, develop, and deploy updates and new site functionality.

  • Write exemplary, well-tested code.
  • Lead peer code reviews.
  • Support site operations and respond to performance issues.

Requirements:

  • Passion for Django & Python – beyond models, views, urls, and templates, you have written powerful middleware, context processors, template tags & filters, and believe the world is a better place when everybody adheres to the DRY principle.
  • Experience building native IOS and Android Apps.
  • 5+ years web development experience using technologies including Django, Python, Javascript (Jquery), HTML5, CSS3,
  • Strong MySQL skills including query optimization.
  • Experience using Git.
  • Expertise with Linux and cloud hosting environments.
  • Caching, scaling, and front-to-back performance best practices.
  • Experience building and consuming RESTful web services.
  • B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field.
  • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
  • Agile Development and Continuous Integration.