two minor bugs

Richard B. Kreckel

Nov 3, 2015, 2:32:03 PM11/3/15
to pynac-devel
Hi,

(I hope this is the right way to report bugs, I couldn't find another one.) While studying code, I discovered two minor bugs in Pynac HEAD (2d64bdf):
In matrix.cpp:751, the logic for detecting numric matrices appears to be wrong. It seems like an ! has been edited out of the condition, compared to the GiNaC version.
In expairseq.cpp:367, the loop appears to insert too many elements. It arrives at this point only if a changed element has been detected for the first time. At this point, it must insert all previous (unchanged) elements. The loop in Pynac inserts not only the previous elements, but also the ones after the new changed element. Compared to the GiNaC version, the end condition was broken.

Hope this helps.
   -richard.

PS: Oh, could someone please fix the link to the GiNaC web page at the bottom of the Pynac page? (www. missing in URL.) Thanks.

kcrisman

Nov 3, 2015, 9:52:37 PM11/3/15
to pynac-devel, Ralf Stephan
I think this is the best place.  Thanks for keeping such an eagle eye on this!

Ralf Stephan

Nov 4, 2015, 1:03:10 AM11/4/15
to pynac-devel