How to install pymysql in mac

JOSEPH PJ

Dec 4, 2017, 10:58:26 AM12/4/17
to PyMySQL Users
Please help me to install PyMySQL in my mac. I have already referred to a lot of videos in youtube and have no result.

Jay Summet

Dec 4, 2017, 1:20:04 PM12/4/17
to pymysq...@googlegroups.com
This is what I have my students do:

https://www.summet.com/dmsi/html/installing_modules.html#using-easy-install-on-a-macintosh

Jay

On 12/04/2017 10:58 AM, JOSEPH PJ wrote:
> Please help me to install PyMySQL in my mac. I have already referred to
> a lot of videos in youtube and have no result.

Miroslav Koula

Dec 4, 2017, 1:28:39 PM12/4/17
to pymysq...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

First you have to have installed Python and Pip and then it's just easy command in console 'pip install PyMySQL'. Somebody is using native python inside of MacOS... I am FreeBSD guy so I am using MacPorts and many other people are UNIX like brew (Homebrew) users. And in python you can have even some GUI installation from pkg most probably...

You can have even more python versions so be careful where are you doing the installation...  Under MacPorts there's python_select...

Regards

Miroslav Koula

On Dec 4, 2017 16:58, "JOSEPH PJ" <pjjos...@gmail.com> wrote:
Please help me to install PyMySQL in my mac. I have already referred to a lot of videos in youtube and have no result.

Ryan Yang

Aug 23, 2018, 10:06:39 PM8/23/18
to PyMySQL Users
Thank you so much Jay! I tried to install via Pip but failed. Your way works!