beagleboard support?

Marco

Nov 18, 2010, 5:21:16 PM11/18/10
to pymt-dev
Does anyone tried out pymt on beagleboard?
I didn`t tested it, but it would be very nice!

cheers,
marco

Mathieu Virbel

Nov 19, 2010, 2:12:31 AM11/19/10
to pymt...@googlegroups.com
Hi marco,

It will not work, cause PyMT is not OpenGL ES 2.0 compatible.
We have working on that, and the next toolkit will be compatible.

Mathieu

2010/11/18 Marco <marc...@googlemail.com>:

mctouch

Nov 19, 2010, 3:36:58 AM11/19/10
to pymt-dev
Hi Mathieu & Marco,

I did get pymt working under windows xp on my sony vaio p which has
the same PowerVR chip that is in the beagleboard, I had to use a
custom mesa driver so I don't know what this means using the ARM
processor instead of the ATOM. I would suggest getting the http://pandaboard.org
instead of the beagleboard as the beagleboard does not have a great
deal of power, you could also include this to get more performance

http://code.google.com/p/opencv-dsp-acceleration/

thanks

Mark

On Nov 19, 7:12 am, Mathieu Virbel <math...@pymt.eu> wrote:
> Hi marco,
>
> It will not work, cause PyMT is not OpenGL ES 2.0 compatible.
> We have working on that, and the next toolkit will be compatible.
>
> Mathieu

marco kuhn

Nov 19, 2010, 12:58:32 PM11/19/10
to pymt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for that information, so i will wait for the next pymt version.
Do you know already a release date?

Marco

2010/11/19 Christopher Denter <den...@the-space-station.com>
Isn't the BB Chip OpenGL ES 2.0 only? If that's the case you've either been extremely lucky getting it working or there's some Magic going on. But as Mathieu said, I'd wait for proper GLES2 support.

Besides, we're not usin opencv in pymt other than for camera input, so that link you posted won't speed up anything. (For Movid perhaps, tho, if that's what you meant...)

Sent from my Android

Mathieu Virbel

Nov 20, 2010, 2:33:30 PM11/20/10
to pymt...@googlegroups.com