Pass Parameters to a Plugin

DaveS

Dec 6, 2010, 11:54:42 PM12/6/10
to pymt-dev
As the subject says, is it possible to pass a parameter to a plugin
other than the window and the context?

I wrote an application that renders images based on a command line
parameter, however I can't figure out how to pass this parameter to
the pymt_plugin_activate() function (and I don't want to use sys.argv
from the plugin).

Mathieu Virbel

Dec 7, 2010, 6:01:52 AM12/7/10
to pymt...@googlegroups.com
Hi DaveS,

Why you don't want to use sys.argv ? Since it's from command line, i
don't understand how you want to do :)
PyMT is removing his argument from the command line, and you can put
your own with this kind of command line:

python <yourfile.py> [pymt args] -- [your args]

2010/12/7 DaveS <dave...@gmail.com>:

David Stolfo

Dec 8, 2010, 10:43:31 AM12/8/10
to pymt...@googlegroups.com
I have a pymt application that takes input from the command line just like that, but I wanted to insert that application as a plugin into another application and pass data between the 2 applications without using command line. I figured out what I was aiming to do though, so thanks. I just create a new variable within the Context object to pass data.