Installing Pymt!!

Meshi

Oct 9, 2011, 10:14:24 PM10/9/11
to pymt-dev
Hello everyone,

I'm working on course project that requires me to program a touch
screen..

I searched about the suitable programming language and a colleague
recommended Python..
I'm still a beginner in the programming world..

I didn't know the meaning of many terms such as (configuration), API,
GUI, directory ...etc are!!

I tried to read about them, and I think I had a general idea now..

Anyway, I downloaded the pymt library, but the problem is that when I
type "import pymt" in Python, the result is
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named pymt

Is it case sensitive or it means that it wasn't installed?

I tried to read the README file, but it wasn't helpful for me!!

Could anyone tell me where the problem is?

Thank you,
Meshael

Gabriel Pettier

Oct 10, 2011, 3:30:11 AM10/10/11
to pymt...@googlegroups.com

You should look into kivy, the successor project of pymt, which is more modern and maintained. Installation instructions are on the kivy.org site.