is this project still alive?

frank zhu

Aug 3, 2022, 9:35:55 AM8/3/22
to pymssql
hi
Wonder if this is still alive?
I plan to use either pymssql or pyodbc to access sql server.

Thanks!

renaud larzilliere

Aug 3, 2022, 10:37:37 AM8/3/22
to pym...@googlegroups.com
Use pyodbc

David Rueter

Aug 3, 2022, 11:16:12 AM8/3/22
to pym...@googlegroups.com

pyodbc requires a ODBC driver.  One nice thing about pymssql is that no driver is needed.

You could also look at pytds https://python-tds.readthedocs.io/en/latest/pytds.html#pytds.connect …I have not yet used that, but intend to try it out.

pymssql works, and Mikhail Terekhov (termim) has  done a lot of work on it in 2021 and 2022.

Unfortunately for my multi-threaded use case, versions after 2.1.5 do not work when the SQL connection is accessed from a thread other than the one that created it. https://github.com/pymssql/pymssql/issues/735