Included freetds version to upgrade

Gautier Léveillé

Oct 31, 2019, 12:16:52 PM10/31/19
to pymssql
Hello

I struggled a lot on a issue to connect to mssql database with windows authentication with pymssql

The problem i had was the following
_mssql.MSSQLDatabaseException: (18452, b'Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.DB-Lib error message 20018, severity 14:\nGeneral SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Server\nDB-Lib error message 20002, severity 9:\nAdaptive Server connection failed (ip:port)\n')

Didn't find anything googleing it.

After few hours I finally found that you compile your package with FreeTDS 1.00.97 that cause this fail.
Downloading latest freetds on a machine (1.1.6) compiling and installing it, then downloading source of pymssql, building it and installing it on my offline server worked.

So I suggest you update your wheel packages with latest freetds.

Sorry if it's not the right place to post this, I just wanted to share my findings as I saw many user stuck on the same problem that finally had to switch to another solution

Regards

Usama Fouad

Oct 31, 2019, 2:42:42 PM10/31/19
to pym...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
    Thanks so much for this. But, is this for the Github Movie Rental project?

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 10/31/19, 08:40:38 PM