Finding grants/funding for pymssql development

Randy Syring

Feb 6, 2019, 5:56:02 PM2/6/19
to pym...@googlegroups.com
My company, Level 12, has decided to undertake an initiative to find grants or other sources of funding for pymssql development. We have internal resources that can contribute to the funding, but they are currently inadequate to make a significant dent in the tech debt that is present in pymssql.

Our hope is that we can find someone at Microsoft who would be willing to help sponsor developments of this project. Microsoft officially supports pyodbc, but based on #477, pymssql still has a lot of value when connecting unix systems to Microsoft SQL server.

If anyone has connections at Microsoft that we might be able to use and/or any other large corporations that use pymssql that might consider helping to fund development, please leave comments here or contact me directly (email in GitHub profile).

No one on my team has ever tried to raise support for an OSS project before. So if you have any suggestions, please feel free reply here or leave that info in the issue that is tracking this effort:

https://github.com/pymssql/pymssql/issues/621

Randy Syring
Husband | Father | Redeemed Sinner

"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world
and forfeit his soul?" (Mark 8:36 ESV)