Stepping away

Alex Hagerman

May 13, 2019, 2:24:02 PM5/13/19
to pymssql
Hi, I thought this would be the right location to post this, especially since I have a growing sense of guilt leaving Github issues open without response. Last year I had the opportunity to work on pymssql which I enjoyed. Since then I've had some life changing events that have been amazing, but also they changed how much time I have to contribute to projects on the side. While I've tried to be available when somebody tags or messages me I don't find myself with the extra time to work on pymssql open issues.

Additionally this year I outlined what I thought needed to occur to get the ops around pymssql back up to par and to make working on the project a bit easier. Since then I attempted to migrate to a simpler test/build setup on Azure Dev Ops (one .yml for Windows and Linux with future Mac support) but I wasn't able to complete that (Although I do believe in it). During that time different issues and PRs have been opened, but they don't address the larger projects ops issue, and the test are failing.

Without time to fix this personally, and without much comment on the roadmap outline from individuals who might want to work on those items I'm going to step away. I think it's a great project, but I also think that right now the project could use some love in the area of operations more than some of the PRs that are coming in addressing important, but project/individual issues. Unfortunately the time I have isn't enough to address this quickly, but if anybody wants to I am available as a resource just send me a message, comment on the roadmap Github issue or email me. Whatever works best.