Looking for Python Developers for a project at Wells Fargo

Megan Navarrette

Nov 20, 2013, 12:22:00 PM11/20/13
to pym...@googlegroups.com
Hello PyMNtos,
I wanted to make sure you all got visibility on this position with Wells Fargo - they are looking for Python developers to assist them as they build a private cloud similar to Facebook. They're looking to bring people on for a contract or contract to hire role (your choice). The contract wil start at 6 months, but would likely be extended to 18 months.  Below are the requirements for the position. They're using Puppet to build the cloud.  Please email me at mnav...@teksystems.com or give me a call at 952-563-2834 to discuss further.

Python Developer

1.        Experience with Puppet, Chef or some other kind of subversion tool.

2.       Very good understanding of Build tool Automation

3.       Python/Perl/Shell or some kind of scripting ability.

Job Description:

This group is responsible for building servers in a cloud.   The challenge we have is that getting space in the DC is extremely challenging and takes a longtime to get the allocation.   We deploy a large number of applications (java/ruby) that need space.   The cloud/hosted environment is critical to us because of the speed and time we waste waiting.   This is also a highly visible effort in Wells and will lead to excellent career opportunity.

Software Automation Developer

Number of positions: 2

Description

Wells Fargo is seeking a senior developer to help support a key product used to help automate the deployment of middleware and application software (devops).   As an essential part of the development and deployment strategy, this role will support an existing custom automated deployment platform built using Python.

The successful candidate will be capable of handling multiple, concurrent requests with precision and care, be capable of working quickly, aided by a broad array of skills at the Unix shell and one or more scripting languages, and support a culture of continuous improvements to process automation.  No less important is the ability to communicate clearly, in writing and in speech, with other members of the team and with partners throughout the company.  He or she may contribute to new automation initiatives.

Minimum Qualifications

·         Python, JEE, Java

·         Comfortable with Linux

·         Familiar with Ant and Ivy

·         Familiar with Rest Services

·         Version control - Subversion

·         Familiar with Windows WMI, Robocopy

·         Experience with twisted framework for Python

·         Familiar with Jenkins

·         Experience with at least one middleware container (Jboss or Weblogic)

Preferred Skills

·         Familiar with JIRA and Confluence a plus

·         Familiar with Ruby

·         Chef, Puppet and other automation tool experience a plus

·         Experience with agile teams using Scrum is a plus

·         Experience in the financial industry