Troubleshooting gamma-evaluation

Ane Håland

Feb 24, 2020, 4:07:14 AM2/24/20
to PyMedPhys

I want to implement a gamma evaluation test in python. So, pymedphys appeared after some googling, and seemed like the perfect choice, being able to compare the doses from a doseplan and an exposed film. However, I am struggling with pymedphys, and I cant find much documentation that is working for me.

I'm not very experienced with python, and therefore I am having a lot of trouble. First of all I am only able to install version 0.11.0 of pymedphys, and wonder if that is the latest version available when using conda to install/update? I would very much appreciate to get som input on how to use pymedphys.gamma.gamma_shell and figure out how to get the latest version working.

Simon Biggs

Feb 24, 2020, 5:08:13 AM2/24/20
to PyMedPhys
Hi Ane,

I believe your main issue is the Python version installed on your machine. Can you completely uninstall your current Python version then go to the Anaconda Python website and install Python 3.7?

After that follow the instructions at https://docs.pymedphys.com/howto/get-started.html

From there, the example provided at https://docs.pymedphys.com/howto/gamma/effect-of-noise.html should then work.

Let me know if you have any further issues.