unity MR linac trf monaco live icom

Martijn Kusters

Oct 26, 2020, 7:36:28 AM10/26/20
to PyMedPhys

I like to implement trf to monaco comparison or directly by live icom.

I noticed the possibility to  use live  icom of the linac to compare with Monaco plan on your website https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/url/simonbiggs.net/icom.ipynb

 I saw some post here https://groups.google.com/g/pymedphys/c/ThwIL5dXyvQ/m/g6pqHD6YAQAJ, but I couldn’t see if it is already tried?

Do you know if this also works for the Unity?

Best Regards,

Martijn Kusters

Medical Physicist

Radboud umc Nijmegen The Netherlands

m...@simonbiggs.net

Oct 26, 2020, 8:20:01 AM10/26/20
to PyMedPhys
Hi Martijn,

Regarding the Monaco to Linac comparison notebook link you provided, just wanted to give you a heads up that unfortunately that notebook is a bit out of date and that it unfortunately likely won't work with the latest PyMedPhys (that's why that notebook isn't yet able to be found on the docs website https://docs.pymedphys.com/howto/index.html).

I'm not sure if it works for the Unity. But I would hazard a guess that there shouldn't need to be too much changed. Nevertheless I haven't had confirmation that someone has managed to get it to work on a Unity.

At our centre to compare across centres between Monaco, Mosaiq, DICOM, TRF and iCOM we use the following Streamlit application:

It can be run locally by running the following within a terminal:

pymedphys gui

However, to configure it to work for your centre is not trivial. Nevertheless, I'd be happy to help if you'd like to give it an attempt. Configuration is achieved by creating a config.toml file at the path $HOME/.pymedphys/config.toml. To see the configuration file we use for our centre as an example see https://github.com/pymedphys/pymedphys/blob/d15464aef/site-specific/cancer-care-associates/config.toml.

Some of the links are broken, but there is a reasonable discussion around attempting to set up and troubleshoot the setting of this GUI and its data collection over at https://groups.google.com/g/pymedphys/c/2LczVpmc_Ak/m/ljmMDqekAAAJ.

Cheers,
Simon

Stuart Swerdloff

Oct 27, 2020, 3:10:49 AM10/27/20
to PyMedPhys
each Unity delivery is of an updated plan, so be sure to compare to the appropriate (adapted) plan.

m...@simonbiggs.net

Oct 30, 2020, 4:59:15 AM10/30/20
to PyMedPhys
Hi Martin

Off list you enquired the following:

> I have a trf and rtplan file to compare, but mosaiq is not yet coupled to my pc.
> How can I skip the mosaiq part, but I think don't need it for comparison.

I agree, you shouldn't need Mosaiq to be able to do for example a TRF to DICOM or Monaco comparison. As such, I have just made it so that this is no longer a requirement over in the following pull request:

Could you try out this development version by running the following in a terminal:

pip install pymedphys[user]==0.34.0-dev3

And then booting up the GUI by running:

pymedphys gui

And giving the new version a try?