Logfile query

brian langan

May 26, 2020, 10:10:47 AM5/26/20
to PyMedPhys
Hi Simon

Brian Langan here from Dublin Ireland , I was in contact many moons ago regarding the trf log files decoder but because I wasn’t running the latest version of integrity the back up files were packaged differently ( they also appeared to be encrypted) so I abandoned the enquiry. At the time is suspected it might be to do with the fact your were running an agility head but this has turned out not to be the case.
Very recently we have had an integrity upgrade and the SDD.zip files are now accessible to me. So I went back to your PyMedPhys page to look for some documentation on how to extract the .trf files. https://docs.pymedphys.com/background/elekta-logfiles.html?highlight=trf%20decoder%20tool
I am unable to find any reference to the basic implementation, I am a novice user and at this moment I would just be interested in running the decoder tool to view the logfile details. It will take me a number of months to implement your teams work in an automated way as you have envisioned.
I hope that you can help with this request , I am very interested in exploring your work futher.

Regards

Brian Langan

brian langan

May 26, 2020, 10:17:15 AM5/26/20
to PyMedPhys
Please note: Much of my query have been answered by previous users questions, this question was emailed directly to Simon and he pointed me to this forum to allow other opportunities to search with similar questions. Simon; ill review your replies to others members and repost if i still need a hand , thanks

brian langan

Jun 2, 2020, 3:40:13 AM6/2/20
to pyme...@googlegroups.com
I am running integrity R4.0  on a synergy with MLCi2 head, mosaiq version 2.50.05d7
I have found a zip folder labelled prefixed SDD contents include:

application.evt           an event log viewer
Errorlog.0                  incrementing .1 .2
IMRT001.dat             incrementing
LOG001                    incrementing
OPT0001.xml
OPT0002.xml
OPT0003.xml
Pro_video.dat
Raw_video.dat
RoutMaintReport_Master_*datestamp.txt
RoutMaintReport_MSDB_*datestamp.txt
RoutMaintReport_RTD6_*datestamp.txt
RTDMAifest.txt
RTDRegistry.txt
rt-udp.0.log             incrementing
Security.evt
System.evt

I have run a search on the iview station where the unit is routinely backed up to looking for a .trf but no dice.

Should i be looking elsewhere? , i can talk to the local clinical IT group for access to the NSS if this is required.

Regards

Brian

LipTeck CHEW

Jun 2, 2020, 3:57:30 AM6/2/20
to brian langan, PyMedPhys
Hi Brian

Check with your Elekta Sales or Engineers whether you have the Treatment Record File (TRF) licences.

Regards
LipTeck

On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 3:40 PM, brian langan <brian....@slh.ie> wrote:
I am running integrity R4.0  on a synergy with MLCi2 head, mosaiq version 2.50.05d7
I have found a zip folder labelled prefixed SDD contents include:

application.evt           an event log viewer
Errorlog.0                  incrementing .1 .2
IMRT001.dat             incrementing
LOG001                    incrementing
OPT0001.xml
Pro_video.dat
Raw_video.dat
RoutMaintReport_Master_*datestamp.txt
RoutMaintReport_MSDB_*datestamp.txt
RoutMaintReport_RTD6_*datestamp.txt
RTDMAifest.txt
RTDRegistry.txt
rt-udp.0.log             incrementing
Security.evt
System.evt

I have run a search on the xvi station where the unit is routinely backed up to looking for a .trf but no dice.

Should i be looking elsewhere? , i can talk to the local clinical IT group for access to the NSS if this is required.

Regards

Brian

brian langan

brian langan

Jun 2, 2020, 6:42:03 AM6/2/20
to PyMedPhys
I have gotten some info back from my Elekta engineer , it appears the trf files are not generated on Synergy's, Simon had pointed me in this direction a few months back but i was hoping the recent integrity upgrade would change the  handling of the file packaging and we might now be able to avail of this groups work. But unfortunate this is not the case :(  Elekta has informed me  previous models produce IMRT Logs, which have less information concerning the leaf activity.

Simon Biggs

Jun 2, 2020, 7:17:10 AM6/2/20
to brian langan, PyMedPhys
Hi Brian,

Potentially the Synergies still have iCOM access? I suspect the PyMedPhys listening code as it stands at the moment might struggle to pull the MLC record as I have made a few assumptions. But, if iCOM logging is shown to work on your end and you are able to provide a file I'd be keen to see if I can set up iCOM logging at least?

Cheers,
Simon

On Tue., 2 Jun. 2020, 8:42 pm brian langan, <brian....@slh.ie> wrote:
I have gotten some info back from my Elekta engineer , it appears the trf files are not generated on Synergy's, Simon had pointed me in this direction a few months back but i was hoping the recent integrity upgrade would change the  handling of the file packaging and we might now be able to avail of this groups work. But unfortunate this is not the case :(  Elekta has informed me  previous models produce IMRT Logs, which have less information concerning the leaf activity.

brian langan

Jun 2, 2020, 7:21:41 AM6/2/20
to PyMedPhys
im fairly sure they have iCOM,
 in the past i stumbled across a continuously updating text log file  ( i was unable to find the storage location) in the windows system tray, it had info on LINAC parameters, i presume thats  the iCOM file, i have a look a t the documentation around installing the iCOM logger  and revert.

Regards

Brian

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 12:17:10 PM UTC+1, Simon Biggs wrote:
[...]

brian langan

Jun 8, 2020, 4:11:50 AM6/8/20
to PyMedPhys
So over the weekend i  tracked down what i think are  the iCom files, see attached , reviewing them myself ( and without seeing a similar file from an agility) i would guess that  the information within them is sparse in comparison; especially in regards to MLC position.

It appears it only displays the start MLC positions in VMAT type treatments ( the ones I'm interested in ). This is maybe what the Elekta engineer was getting at when he mentioned the IMRT logs produce less information concerning leaf activity , perhaps this is also the case in the iCom files for the synergies.

Maybe I'm on the wrong track completely , if it looks to be the wrong file please let me know

icom log brian treatment day ID redacted.txt
icom Vx data.PNG

Simon Biggs

Jun 8, 2020, 4:41:34 AM6/8/20
to brian langan, PyMedPhys
That's really neat. I've never seen those. Unfortunately, I haven't written any tooling to read that file format. It appears like that is the logs from a program that is running an iCOM listener. I am used to directly reading the iCOM stream itself and the TPS to Mosaiq to Linac record comparison tool I have built (https://groups.google.com/d/msg/pymedphys/2LczVpmc_Ak/ljmMDqekAAAJ) is based on the raw iCOM stream data.

brian langan

Jun 8, 2020, 5:27:07 AM6/8/20
to PyMedPhys
Thanks for the reply,
 ill  look into accessing the raw stream , this might have more info contained within it.

Simon Biggs

Jun 8, 2020, 5:38:12 AM6/8/20
to pyme...@googlegroups.com, brian....@slh.ie