PyMedPhys Activity Report -- February 2020

Simon Biggs

Feb 20, 2020, 6:09:31 AM2/20/20
to pyme...@googlegroups.com
New work in February

iCOM to Monaco comparison

Began work on an iCOM listener, iCOM parser, and Monaco tel file parser. This was created with the purpose to quickly and easily compare plans that have just been delivered on an Elekta Linac directly to the Monaco record. See http://simonbiggs.net/icom for details on how this might be used. Currently only works on the master branch of PyMedPhys (not yet released).

Docs rework

Inspired by the simplicity of the toga docs (https://toga.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html) the PyMedPhys documentation (https://docs.pymedphys.com/) underwent a reorganisation.
Shapely now less painful

Shapely now has wheels for Windows. This means in practice it is massively easier to install. As such, in the spirit of "batteries included" this is now once again included as a default PyMedPhys dependency.
Planned work for March

Deep learning image segmentation

A masters student Matthew Cooper (https://github.com/matthewdeancooper) has begun working on a PyMedPhys project with the intent to implement the Deep Mind paper available at https://arxiv.org/abs/1809.04430
Bug fixing and refinement

There are a range of areas that need further refinement. The key target areas are:

Presentation at the Noosa Elekta User Meeting

One of my colleges, Nick Menzies, will be presenting some of the PyMedPhys projects at the 2020 Australian Elekta User Meeting in Noosa.
Message has been deleted

Hassan Abbas

Feb 20, 2020, 1:36:21 PM2/20/20
to PyMedPhys
Hi,
    I am new to this forum and I am a beginner. I downloaded PyMedPhys on my laptop. I do not have programming background, please accept my apology for dumb questions. When I double click the exe file of PyMedPhys program, a cmd window opens and just disappeared. Can you please guide me what else I need to do. I have access to Varian WL test files and want to see how this program works. I will appreciate your help.

Simon Biggs

Feb 20, 2020, 1:44:45 PM2/20/20
to PyMedPhys
Hi Hassan,

You'll really need to get a bit of a handle on Python first, PyMedPhys is a Python library which you call within Python scripts/notebooks that you write yourself. I recommend a great place to learn Python is to work through the following Python course:

https://ia802805.us.archive.org/7/items/comp3321/comp3321_text.pdf

Cheers,
Simon

Simon Biggs

Feb 20, 2020, 5:09:41 PM2/20/20
to pyme...@googlegroups.com
In saying that, if you do get somewhere with getting a handle on Python itself, a notebook example of the wlutz usage can be found at:

You can also play with the Winston Lutz algorithm using the following live notebook server:

You can upload your own files to that online server by pressing the following button:

Annotation 2020-02-21 091112.png

Cheers,
Simon