Installing PyMC error - fortran compiler not found

fj

Aug 19, 2011, 10:53:20 AM8/19/11
to PyMC
Hello,
I am trying to install PyMC on a Windows 7 x64, Enthought Python ,
using easy-install pymc - and I get the following errors after which
installation aborts. I tried to build from source using >>setup
install - and that too gives the same set of errors.

Any suggestions ?

-firdaus

--------------------------------------
< truncated > ....

Wrote C/API module "isotropic_cov_funs" to file "build
\src.win32-2.7\pymc\gp\cov_funs\isotropic_cov_funsmodule.c"
Fortran 77 wrappers are saved to "build\src.win32-2.7\pymc\gp
\cov_funs\isotropic_cov_funs-f2pywrappers.f"
Reading fortran codes...
Reading file 'pymc\\gp\\cov_funs\
\distances.f' (format:fix,strict)
Post-processing...
Block: distances
Block: euclidean
Block: geographic
Block: paniso_geo_rad
Block: aniso_geo_rad
Post-processing (stage 2)...
Building modules...
Building module "distances"...
Constructing wrapper function "euclidean"...
euclidean(d,x,y,[cmin,cmax,symm])
Constructing wrapper function "geographic"...
geographic(d,x,y,[cmin,cmax,symm])
Constructing wrapper function "paniso_geo_rad"...
paniso_geo_rad(d,x,y,ctrs,scals,[cmin,cmax,symm])
Constructing wrapper function "aniso_geo_rad"...
aniso_geo_rad(d,x,y,inc,ecc,[cmin,cmax,symm])
Wrote C/API module "distances" to file "build
\src.win32-2.7\pymc\gp\cov_funs\distancesmodule.c"
Could not locate executable g77
Could not locate executable f77
Could not locate executable ifort
Could not locate executable ifl
Could not locate executable f90
Could not locate executable DF
Could not locate executable efl
Could not locate executable gfortran
Could not locate executable f95
Could not locate executable g95
Could not locate executable efort
Could not locate executable efc
don't know how to compile Fortran code on platform 'nt'
warning: build_ext: f77_compiler=None is not available.

An exception has occurred, use %tb to see the full traceback.

SystemExit: error: Setup script exited with error: extension
'pymc.flib' has Fortran sources but no Fortran compiler found

John Salvatier

Aug 19, 2011, 10:56:13 AM8/19/11
to py...@googlegroups.com
I had success building PyMC on windows 7 with:

python setup.py config_fc --fcompiler=gfortran build

Chris Fonnesbeck

Aug 19, 2011, 10:57:46 AM8/19/11
to PyMC
You need to install a FORTRAN compiler (gFortran). Please read the
installation instructions in the user's guide. I have uploaded Windows
installers to the GitHub site recently (see "Downloads" on
https://github.com/pymc-devs/pymc), so I recommend using those instead
of the ones on PyPi.

cf

Aaron MacNeil

Aug 19, 2011, 11:24:10 AM8/19/11
to py...@googlegroups.com
Whoa - those new plots are awesome!
(yes, I've been a little behind my updates…)
Wow

Jan Galkowski

Mar 10, 2014, 5:18:42 PM3/10/14
to py...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I am having the same difficulties.  Before trying this, I did install the MingW gfortran compiler, but I don't know what configuration file or command line option to give to tell either the basic pymc setup or pip where that compiler is installed.  The default search does not work.  I am using WinPython, so if anyone knows of a tutorial or sketch where someone has installed PyMC using WinPython, I'd appreciate the reference.

Thanks!

 - Jan

Thomas Wiecki

Mar 13, 2014, 5:26:37 PM3/13/14
to py...@googlegroups.com
We have conda windows packages now for 32-bit python. So if you run anaconda (32 bit on windows):

conda install -c pymc pymc

Should get you going.

Thomas

Thomas Wiecki
PhD candidate, Brown University
Quantitative Researcher, Quantopian Inc, Boston