Pylons framework Python 3 status

Mike Orr

Jun 4, 2021, 3:30:16 PM6/4/21
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Is the Pylons framework still Python 2 only and no plans to make it
Python 3 compatible?

I'm updating a Pylons site for one last version to be released in
August. After that we'll switch to a Javascript codebase to be
released next year. If Pylons is still Python 2 only I'll have to
stick to Python 2, but if Pylons is Python 3 compatible now or in the
near future we might be able to upgrade to Python 3. There was some
talk the past couple years about making Pylons Python 3 compatible;
did that ever go anywhere? Or does anybody know how big the
incompatibilities were that would have to be addressed? I assume
there'd be a lot of unicode issues.

--
Mike Orr <slugg...@gmail.com>

Steve Piercy

Jun 4, 2021, 4:11:45 PM6/4/21
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
On 6/4/21 12:30 PM, Mike Orr wrote:
> Is the Pylons framework still Python 2 only and no plans to make it
> Python 3 compatible?

Correct. See the note.

https://github.com/pylons/pylons#pylons

More detail here.