[ANN] web-top

Mikko Ohtamaa

Aug 23, 2022, 6:14:03 PM8/23/22
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am happy to announce a new project: web-top.

Web-top is a UNIX top-like tool to live HTTP requests and responses of any web server. It is built using Top Framework for Python.

image.png

Sometimes you just need to log in to your web server and see what's going on. web-top allows you to do. Instead of focusing on Application Performance Management (APM), metrics or log storage web-top displays what's currently happening in your web server. web-top is ideal for observing and catching issues when they happen.

Features

  • Easily integrate with any web server

  • Display active and recently completed HTTP requests/responses

  • Live top-like monitoring

  • Easily locate stalled requests, as requests not making progress are sorted first and marked red

  • IP address and country geolocation to understand who is using your web service

Documentation

Community

Thierry Florac

Aug 24, 2022, 2:36:31 AM8/24/22
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mikko,

That seems to be a nice project!
I would like to provide an integration package for Pyramid (probably based on tweens)!!
Would it be better to create a dedicated module in web-top, or to create a new "pyramid-top" package?

Best regards,
Thierry

Mikko Ohtamaa

Aug 24, 2022, 4:44:09 AM8/24/22
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thierry,

That seems to be a nice project!
I would like to provide an integration package for Pyramid (probably based on tweens)!!
Would it be better to create a dedicated module in web-top, or to create a new "pyramid-top" package?

I am in fact using webtop at the front of Pyramid (through Gunicorn):

Please

- drop a folder `top/pyramid" where you can add Pyramid code and

- then necessary unit test

- add optional dependencies with `top-framework[pyramid]` label

- Add a documentation page on how to integrate with Pyramid

- Open a PR

Here is the example code for Gunicorn:

Because it is WSGI it should be pretty much copy-paste for Pyramid.

Br,
Mikko

Jonathan Vanasco

Aug 24, 2022, 6:20:10 PM8/24/22
to pylons-discuss
This looks interesting. I'll try to test it on uwsgi and contribute a PR if it works.  If anyone can beat me to it though...

Thierry Florac

Aug 25, 2022, 2:54:25 AM8/25/22
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mikko,
I use Pyramid without GUnicorn but with mod_wsgi.
That's why I would need a "native" Pyramid module...

Thierry

Christian Ledermann

Aug 25, 2022, 10:33:23 AM8/25/22
to pyramid
Thanks, this looks really interesting :-)

Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

Galway, IE
Mobile : +353 (0) 899748838

https://www.linkedin.com/in/christianledermann
https://github.com/cleder/

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>