plaster 1.1 and plaster_pastedeploy 1.0/1.0.1 released

Michael Merickel

Nov 6, 2022, 9:04:18 PM11/6/22
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

I've released new versions of plaster and plaster_pastedeploy. The major changes to both libraries are:

- Drop support for Python 2.

- Drop dependencies on setuptools.

- Michael

Lele Gaifax

Nov 19, 2022, 6:58:24 AM11/19/22
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I tried to update one of my applications to these latest versions, and I
got some problem figuring out how to launch my app with pserve.

I have the "usual" dev.ini/prod.ini twin configuration files, and I'm
used to launch the development app using

pserve dev.ini

With latest version that command errors out with the following traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/nix/store/.../bin/.pserve-wrapped", line 9, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/nix/store/.../lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyramid/scripts/pserve.py", line 30, in main
return command.run()
File "/nix/store/.../lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyramid/scripts/pserve.py", line 189, in run
loader = self._get_config_loader(config_uri)
File "/nix/store/.../lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyramid/scripts/common.py", line 23, in get_config_loader
return plaster.get_loader(config_uri, protocols=['wsgi'])
File "/nix/store/.../lib/python3.10/site-packages/plaster/loaders.py", line 115, in get_loader
raise MultipleLoadersFound(
plaster.exceptions.MultipleLoadersFound: Multiple plaster loaders were found for scheme "file+ini", protocol "wsgi". Please specify a more specific config_uri. Matched loaders: plaster-pastedeploy+file+ini, plaster-pastedeploy+file+ini

After several attempts, I was able to launch the app using

pserve plaster-pastedeploy+file+ini:dev.ini

Is that expected, or is there some problem with my configuration/usage?

Thanks in advance,
bye, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax | Dire che Emacs è "conveniente" è come
real: Emanuele Gaifas | etichettare l'ossigeno come "utile"

Michael Merickel

Nov 19, 2022, 12:50:22 PM11/19/22
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info. This has been reported here https://github.com/Pylons/plaster/issues/25 and I've been trying to repro it. Something in the new release is not deduplicating things and just need to track that down and I'll get a fix out. :-) I have not yet had this happen in my envs but I think I have some ideas.

Lele Gaifax

Nov 20, 2022, 2:58:39 AM11/20/22
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com
Michael Merickel <mmer...@gmail.com>
writes:

> Thanks for the info. This has been reported here
> https://github.com/Pylons/plaster/issues/25 and I've been trying to
> repro it. Something in the new release is not deduplicating things and
> just need to track that down and I'll get a fix out. :-) I have not
> yet had this happen in my envs but I think I have some ideas.

Thank you Michael, I will try to dig further on my own the following
week.

ciao, lele.
le...@metapensiero.it | -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.