Pyramid + GAE on Python 2.7

Constantine Vasil

Mar 23, 2012, 11:03:00 AM3/23/12
to pylons...@googlegroups.com
I was able to successfully run a "Hello World" Pyramid app
using Python 2.5.

I need to run Python 2.7 now.

Here is what is needed:

app.yaml
=========================
application: myapp
version: 1
runtime: python27
api_version: 1
threadsafe: true

handlers:
- url: /.*
  script: myapp.app
=========================

I need to move my WSGI application object to the global scope:
=========================
import webapp2

class MainPage(webapp2.RequestHandler):
    def get(self):
        self.response.headers['Content-Type'] = 'text/plain'
        self.response.out.write('Hello, WebApp World!')

app = webapp2.WSGIApplication([('/', MainPage)])
=========================

This example is using webapp2. Do I need to use webapp2,
if so how to use Pyramid too?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thank you in advance,

Michael Merickel

Mar 23, 2012, 1:43:32 PM3/23/12
to pylons...@googlegroups.com
We actually have 2 recipes for deploying pyramid on GAE.

Give those a try and if unsuccessful, maybe you can tell us what doesn't work from the existing documentation?

Thanks!