Read the Docs GitHub Services Deprecation and replacement with Webhooks

Steve Piercy

Jan 19, 2019, 3:47:27 AM1/19/19
to pylons-...@googlegroups.com, pylons...@googlegroups.com
Howdy,

Read the Docs recently sent out the following message to Admins
of sub-projects under the Pylons Project:

=== begin ===
Your project, <project-name>, is currently using GitHub Services
to trigger builds on Read the Docs. Effective January 31, 2019,
GitHub will no longer process requests using the Services
feature, and so Read the Docs will not receive notifications on
updates to your repository.

To continue building your Read the Docs project on changes to
your repository, you will need to add a new webhook on your
GitHub repository. You can either connect your GitHub account
and configure a GitHub webhook integration, or you can add a
generic webhook integration.

You can find more information on our webhook intergrations in
our documentation, at:

https://docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/webhooks.html#webhook-github-services
=== end ===

The following projects have been updated by Pylons core team
members to use Webhooks for Read the Docs:

deform
docs-style-guide
Pyramid
pyramid_beaker
pyramid_chameleon
pyramid_cookbook
pyramid_debugtoolbar
pyramid_tm
pyramid_tutorials
pyramid_zcml
pyramid-blogr
waitress
WebOb
zodburi

The following projects that are also listed on Read the Docs as
sub-projects under Pylons might have been updated to use GitHub
Webhooks. I have not checked them. I suggest you verify that
the Webhook for your project is in fact working.

acidfs
akhet
Churro
colander