Preparing image data, implementing locally connected layer and prediction in pylearn2

vigneshwer dhinakaran

May 2, 2016, 4:52:59 AM5/2/16
to pylearn-users
Hello Pylearn users,

I have an image data set which I would like use to for training a DNN with locally connected layer and obtaining predictions for some test images.

As far I have understood I need to do the following,

1. make_datasety.py
2. train.py dataset.yaml
3. predict.py <model.yaml> <test_data.pkl> <predictions>

Below are my questions,
1. How to make a customized data set for my image dataset ?
2. In train.py for implementing locally connected layer how do I add it yaml file model ?

I failed to come across a complete example covering an end to end process.

I am very new to pylearn2, would be great if you guys could share some details in order for me to get started.