Fwd: Call for Proposals: Oil Spill Interactive for Smithsonian Ocean Portal

Selena Deckelmann

Mar 10, 2014, 7:35:01 PM3/10/14
to pylad...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

Molly is a local technical writer and artist who is looking for a developer to collaborate with!  This project probably requires about a year of programming job experience to be an effective collaborator in the timeframe.

Feel free to contact Molly directly if you're interested!  I can vouch for Molly being an awesome person to work with -- great project manager and talented artist.

-selena

From: Waters, Hannah <Wat...@si.edu>
Date: Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 2:17 PM
To: "molly.da...@gmail.com" <molly.da...@gmail.com>

Hello Ms. Danielsson,

I'm an editor at the Smithsonian Ocean Portal, an ocean science education website out of the National Museum of Natural History. We're looking to work with a designer/web developer to create an interactive web piece that traces the path of the oil spilled in the Gulf of Mexico almost four years ago and how it affected wildlife. I have looked at your work and am quite interested in seeing what you can come up with.

If you are interested, please send a short proposal along with a rough mock-up, timeline and quote by EOD March 17. Attached is a our Scope of Work that includes some more detail. Please contact me with any questions along the way.

If you are not able to complete this but know other designers who might be interested in this project, please forward their names on.

Thank you. I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Hannah

---
Hannah Waters
Ocean Portal Producer
Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
http://ocean.si.edu

phone: 609-948-4459
cell: 609-802-6936

--
http://chesnok.com
Ocean Portal Oil Spill Interactive SOW.pdf