Starting to work with pyke

pi...@uw.edu

Jun 29, 2020, 1:22:28 PM6/29/20
to PyKE

Hi,

I am starting to work with pyke and trying to understand some of its intricacies.

Thanks Bruce for this amazing codebase and Nicola for possibly taking on the stewardship of it.

One of the first issues I ran into was that after I modified the kfb file, the older compiled version would still get loaded. I can get around it by deleting the compiled_krb subdirectory, but that is less than ideal.

Is this the intended behavior or a subtle bug under my configuration (Python 3.7.4, Mac 10.14.6, pyke-1.1.1 running from sources)?

The way I found pyke was, I am re-implementing some of the examples from http://www.qrg.northwestern.edu/BPS/readme.html in python. pyke can potentially be a big part of it if I can understand the intricacies...

Cheers,

Yusuf

pi...@uw.edu

Jun 29, 2020, 1:48:01 PM6/29/20
to PyKE

Of course, as soon as I send the email, I find an easy fix:

In target_pkg.py __init__ , add 'loader = None' to the beginning of the function. Looks like how __loader__ works changed in Python3.3 https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22185888/pythons-loader-what-is-it so the compiled_pyke_files.py may not be working as intended.

Yusuf