niece_or_nephew_and_aunt_or_uncle

Forumer

Sep 7, 2015, 10:36:59 AM9/7/15
to PyKE
If I understand correctly, forward chaining rules are run in the order they appear in fc_example.krb file.

In niece_or_nephew_and_aunt_or_uncle, the first premise, family.child_parent($nn, $parent, $depth, $_, $child_type), has five arguments and none of the earlier rules have asserted facts with five arguments. To me, this premise will never succeed!

Where am I wrong in my thinking?

Thank you!

Bruce Frederiksen

Sep 7, 2015, 10:46:20 AM9/7/15
to py...@googlegroups.com
The forward chaining rules are run whenever all of the facts in their foreach clause are known.  The rule may be run once for a starting set of facts, and then run again later as new facts are asserted.  So the order is somewhat arbitrary.