Alternatives to PyKE or extending PyKE

Yusuf Pisan

May 3, 2020, 6:38:20 PM5/3/20
to PyKE

Back in the day, my research area was qualitative reasoning and I used LISP to build a variety of different systems. I am planning to have a set of student capstone projects where students build different reasoners. Instead of asking students to learn LISP, I'd like them to use python. PyKE seems like an ideal fit although I have barely scratched the surface so far. PyKE has not been updated for a while, but I saw that it works with Python 3.6 which is promising.

Are there alternatives to PyKE that are more popular or have a larger python community? Have people migrated to other software or has black-box machine learning taken over, so everybody is working on classifiers these days?

Thanks for making PyKE Free and Open Source. I look forward to making some contributions to it down the road.

Cheers,

Yusuf

Chris Gough

May 5, 2020, 2:30:48 AM5/5/20
to PyKE
I haven't looked for a while, but I did look a while ago and couldn't find anything better. It would be great to see someone breathe more life into PyKE.

Mike

May 5, 2020, 6:53:05 AM5/5/20
to PyKE
On Tuesday, 5 May 2020 08:30:48 UTC+2, Chris Gough wrote:
It would be great to see someone breathe more life into PyKE.

Indeed. I've structured the prototype I'm busy with in plain python rules sets. If I get the green light to develop the full system I hope to use PyKE.