How to force to reload javascript in a webbrowser after modification?

wb

Aug 24, 2015, 2:23:03 AM8/24/15
to Pyjs.org Users
Hi,

I found that webbrowsers didn't reload javascript files even after I modified them.   Pushing F5 button or shift-F5 button in the webbrowsers seems to reload only static html files, not javascript files. The javascript files are reloaded only when I manually delete browser cache, and restart the browser.  I am not sure whether it is because my webserver uses frame for redirectioning,  or it is a bug in webbrowsers.

A common way to force to refresh javascript is to add a version number to the file name after a question mark (ex: <src="my_source.js?v=1.1">) or to the directory path (ex: <src="/v_1.1/my_source.js">), and it is called "versioning". But, this technique is not possible without modifying pyjs compiler because the loading part is done in pyjs.

Is there anyone who experienced the javascript refresh problem?

Thanks in advance.

Adrien

Aug 24, 2015, 4:23:23 AM8/24/15
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

with Firefox you can open the web console (ctrl-shift-k) and in its
settings, check something like "disable cache (when the toolbox is
opened)". Then a normal ctrl-r or F5 should work as if you just emptied
the cache.

Adrien

wb

Aug 24, 2015, 6:17:08 AM8/24/15
to Pyjs.org Users, soul...@mailoo.org
I am looking for a solution done by program rather than asking users to change their browser setting.  I think that It is a common problem in Pyjs. What do you do if your web visitors don't see the updated version after modification?

Thanks again.

2015년 8월 24일 월요일 오후 5시 23분 23초 UTC+9, Adrien 님의 말:

Greg Warner

Aug 27, 2015, 6:45:51 PM8/27/15
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com, soul...@mailoo.org
There used to be a --cache-buster option to pyjs.

--

---

wb

Nov 18, 2015, 6:23:08 AM11/18/15
to Pyjs.org Users, soul...@mailoo.org
The --cache-buster option is still working.  I tested it and I saw that a hash code was added to every javascript file name after compile.  Auto refreshing js files is working so far after applying this option.  I  think that it is exactly the solution I was looking for.

Thanks you so much for your help.

2015년 8월 28일 금요일 오전 7시 45분 51초 UTC+9, gdwarner 님의 말:

wb

Nov 18, 2015, 10:56:03 AM11/18/15
to Pyjs.org Users, soul...@mailoo.org
pyjsbuilder displayed the following message:

     " --cache-buster option is depreciated. Use --enable-signatures"

I tested both, both worked the same. Thanks again.

2015년 11월 18일 수요일 오후 8시 23분 8초 UTC+9, wb 님의 말: