maximum socket limit

Clavier

Jul 4, 2014, 4:35:50 AM7/4/14
to pyjs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there a way to change the maximum number of open sockets in a web browser? If not, is there a way to go around this limitation?

I implemented callbacks allowing a server to call client-side object methods. Each callback holds an open socket for long-polling technique. But, I found that a web browser blocked callback when the number of callbacks was over the limitation (6 in Chrome) .

If changing the maximum socket limit is not allowed, I might have to create a virtual layer managing multiple connections on top of a single socket, which will be quite a lot of work rewriting my source code.

Thanks in advance.