Compiling latest version for Win2003

freev...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2011, 4:17:28 PM11/15/11
to pyis...@googlegroups.com
Compiling pyISAPIe for PyThon 2.7 on Win2003?

The latest version of pyISAPIe is configured for Visual Studio 2010. If you plan on using the compiled dll on machines other than Win7 consider the comments here:

http://www.rhyous.com/2010/09/16/avoiding-the-msvcr100-dll-or-msvcr100d-dll/

Phillip Sitbon

Nov 15, 2011, 5:09:46 PM11/15/11
to pyis...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info- keep in mind, however, that there are subtle
differences that arise when linking statically to the runtime. I know
I thought a lot about whether or not to link statically, but I can't
remember my reasoning as to the decision against it. I believe it had
something to do with sharing the runtime code and data with other DLLs
in application pool processes.

I highly recommend installing the VC redistributable package instead,
which is available for many older versions of windows and is often
already installed because so much software includes it.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=5555

If I ever get around to making an installer, it will include this package.

Cheers,

Phillip