[NEED HELP] Error: Fatal Error Detected failed to execute script

Luc Ho Dac

Feb 12, 2021, 11:04:41 AM2/12/21
to PyInstaller
Hi all,

I'm new to PyInstaller. I have a GUI (PyQt5) Python script and an external package (an API) already installed.

Everything has worked well, but when I use PyInstaller to convert the script to .exe file, it raised  `Fatal Error Detected failed to execute script` error (as the image below)

Screenshot_1.png

Here is the command that I wrote using PyInstaller:
`pyinstaller --onefile -w myfile.py`

I think the external package caused the problem because when I test my program with only PyQt5, PyInstaller worked well, but it's not the case when I came back to my main program, which contains an external package.

How can I do to fix that error? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you so much for your support

bwoodsend

Feb 15, 2021, 11:27:21 AM2/15/21
to PyInstaller

Windowed mode means no output so that error could be anything. Get rid of the -w option then run your app from terminal. It’ll still fail but you’ll get a more meaningful error message.