[PyInstaller] cross-compilation of windows executables from linux

Brian Tsai

Apr 26, 2010, 1:40:56 PM4/26/10
to pyins...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was reading the changelog of pyinstaller 1.4 and noticed that cross-compilation support of building windows executables on linux has now been added, anybody test this out/have any tips for how to do this?

thanks,

Brian

Giovanni Bajo

Apr 26, 2010, 2:03:50 PM4/26/10
to pyins...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 13:40 -0400, Brian Tsai wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I was reading the changelog of pyinstaller 1.4 and noticed that
> cross-compilation support of building windows executables on linux has
> now been added, anybody test this out/have any tips for how to do
> this?
>

> http://www.pyinstaller.org/browser/tags/1.4/doc/CHANGES.txt

Basically, you need to:

1) Mount a Windows partition containing the operating system, Python
itself and all the required dependencies.

2) Run PyInstaller/Configure.py --target-platform=win32 --executable=/mnt/WINDOWS/Python25/Python.exe

3) Run Build.py over your specfile (it should be OK to do this within a
Linux checkout of the source code, but you maybe better off trying it
first with a Windows checkout within the mounted partition).

Being a preliminar feature, any kind of feedback is very welcome.

--
Giovanni Bajo :: ra...@develer.com
Develer S.r.l. :: http://www.develer.com

My Blog: http://giovanni.bajo.it
Last post: Grey on black: combining greylisting with blacklists

Hartmut Goebel

Mar 24, 2013, 8:40:50 AM3/24/13
to pyins...@googlegroups.com
Am 17.03.2013 17:49, schrieb GlassGhost:
I see this is an old thread; are there any newer procedures available to get the same effect?

No, this feature was abandoned. It's better to use wine, see http://www.pyinstaller.org/wiki/FAQ#Features for more about it.

--
Schönen Gruß
Hartmut Goebel