no suitable image found libpython3.8.dylib

bruno D

Jan 26, 2024, 10:08:12 AMJan 26
to PyInstaller
hi,
i am getting crazy with pyinstaller, i build my .dmg on monterey with python 3.8.13 and launch my .dmg on mavericks,
i have this error : no suitable image found libpython3.8.dylib

could you help to fix my issue ?

Best regards
Bruno

bwoodsend

Jan 26, 2024, 10:43:47 AMJan 26
to PyInstaller
Sounds like your Python environment isn't compatible with mavericks. Generally speaking, building on a new platform and expecting it to run on an old one is the wrong way to do things.

elli...@cox.net

Jan 26, 2024, 10:48:13 AMJan 26
to pyins...@googlegroups.com
On MacOS you want to build the app on the oldest OS you are willing to support.    Backward compatibility is a crap shoot.

Jan 26, 2024, 12:09:16 PMJan 26
to pyins...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but the Mac has the additional complication of the new M processors -- so you need to make sure you are building a app with the right processor -- I think the recent Python.,org builds have both built it, but you'll need to make sure.

Sorry -- I haven't actually tested anything on an M processor yet, so can't offer any hints.

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris....@noaa.gov

bruno D

Jan 26, 2024, 1:22:58 PMJan 26
to PyInstaller
i am on an  2,4 GHz Intel Core i9 8 core .
i think about a mismatch between install python-dev (with shared framework option ) with brew and install python 8.3.7 with pyenv

bruno D

Jan 26, 2024, 1:24:18 PMJan 26
to PyInstaller
i already done it with my previous version. but somethong had changed and don t know where looking

Chris Barker

Jan 26, 2024, 2:20:16 PMJan 26
to pyins...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jan 26, 2024 at 10:23 AM bruno D <bruno.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
i am on an  2,4 GHz Intel Core i9 8 core .

with both OS versions? so that's not it.

i think about a mismatch between install python-dev (with shared framework option ) with brew and install python 8.3.7 with pyenv

That would do it -- I suspect brew Python is using recent versions of system libs, whereas python.org Python is built against older versions, on purpose. That's kind of the point with brew. Also, brew Python may depend on other brew-supplied libs -- PyInstaller may not know to include those.

-CHB