pyhf v0.6.2 released

pyhf announcements

Jun 21, 2021, 10:46:36 PM6/21/21
to pyhf announcements
Dear pyhf users,

We're happy to announce that pyhf v0.6.2 is out now on PyPI and Conda-forge! This is a patch release with a few additional important changes that we didn't want to delay. As always please read the full release notes carefully while updating your code to use the new release. Below we list the most important points from the release notes.

* The pyhf.simplemodels.hepdata_like API has been deprecated in favor of pyhf.simplemodels.uncorrelated_background. The pyhf.simplemodels.hepdata_like API will be removed in pyhf v0.7.0.
* There is a small breaking API change for pyhf.contrib.viz.brazil.plot_results. See the Python API changes section of the release notes for more information.
* The pyhf.patchset.PatchSet schema now allows string types for patch values in patchsets.
* Only lower bounds on core dependencies are now set. This allows for greater developer freedom and reduces the risk of breaking user's applications by unnecessarily constraining libraries. For most users nothing should change. This mainly affects developers of other libraries in which pyhf is a dependency.
* Calling dir() on any pyhf module or trying to tab complete an API will now provide a more helpfully restricted view of the available APIs. This should help provide better exploration of the pyhf API.
* Docker images of releases are now published to both Docker Hub and to the GitHub Container Registry.
* CUDA enabled Docker images are now available for release v0.6.1 and later on Docker Hub and the GitHub  Container Registry. Visit https://github.com/pyhf/cuda-images for more information.

To address all originally planned work for pyhf v0.6.2 before adding additional features in minor release v0.7.0 we have decided to release another patch release v0.6.3 later in the Summer. Development work on v0.6.3 and continued work on v0.7.0 has already started, but please report back to us any questions or problems you run into with the v0.6.X API. Please don't hesitate to contact us through the recommended channels!

Best,
The pyhf dev team (Lukas, Matthew, and Giordon)